Friday, October 22, 2021

Talent and skills

    The sports I play are really competitive and difficult for others but I consider them as talent and skill. I've been swimming for five year all through middle school and high school, as time passed I got better at what I do. My goal in high school was to break a record for the 200 and 400 relays and leave my name on the wall and I accomplished it!! I became captain of the girls swimming team at East Chicago Central High School my junior year. Another talent I have in the pool is that I have the longest streamline and that give me so much advantage when competing. Before graduating I got a plaque for the most valuable  player. 
    Another sport that I am really good at is tennis, I started playing my freshman year and automatically made varsity before my first game! I played both singles and doubles but gained more confidence playing doubles plus I had an awesome partner. My senior year was my golden year on the tennis courts, I was undefeated the whole season and sent to sectionals, regional and state. I was the first lady cardinal in history to go to state and that's something I am so proud on saying. 
    The last sport was Unified flag football, I played for two years and was a beast on the field. One skill I had was that I was able to remember the plays as soon as I seen them. It was a bit rough because I was also playing with men but they taught me how to be tough back. I learned a lot of skill and patients when playing these sports, playing these sports was an escape from reality and something that kept me tamed, I would never give that up for anything in this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talent and skills

     The sports I play are really competitive and difficult for others but I consider them as talent and skill. I've been swimming for f...