Thursday, September 23, 2021

Secret life of pets ;)

   

During class we saw a documentary of a turtle named Snowy, I enjoyed how it started. At first the audience didn't know who or what they were referring to but as time passed they revealed Snowy. It was a turtle, a family's 4-inch pet and he has been in the basement for ten years. Sadly the turtle was isolated with no partner, no sunlight and no freedom. Only one person took care of Snowy and that was uncle Larry, he did more than everyone in the household ever did, he would wash his tank and feed him earthworms. Looking at the documentary and seeing that he was alone his whole life made me realize that many people have pets and don’t take care of them properly. Many don't give their pets love and attention that they need, taking care of pets can be exhausting sometimes.

I should know because I have a dog, a ferret, two birds, a turtle and a bunny as pets, they can be a handful sometimes but my family and I will always find time to take care of them. I never understood why people neglect or abandon their pets, they are sweetest and deserve much more than being isolated in the house or outside. Me and my family love our pets, my father would take my dog Rocky, to the park so he can enjoy the weather and himself. My younger sister takes her ferret Leo, every day for thirty minutes up to an hour so he can run around the house instead of being in his cage.

The two birds Banana and Sky are in a big cage but we set the cage outside when it’s nice. We let the Yoshi bunny jump around the house when we get done cleaning because he likes making a huge mess. Lastly, Lucky the turtle is always roaming the house, she usually likes being under the bed. We consider them as part of the family and will continue to give them affection and the time they need. Watching the sad turtle in the basement made me appreciate my pets even more. I really loved how the documentary was seeking help on ways to improve the lifestyle of Snowy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talent and skills

     The sports I play are really competitive and difficult for others but I consider them as talent and skill. I've been swimming for f...